It’s [almost] October and we are officially entering the toughest time of year to stay healthy (at least it is for me). Right now I can’t leave the house without seeing aisles and aisles of Halloween candy. And after Halloween it rolls right into the hearty, comfort food that I crave during the Thanksgiving season, and before I know it I’m going to be munching on Christmas cookies. So before all the upcoming holidays have everyone stressing about their waistlines, now is the best time to stay motivated to hit the gym and get active outside before the snow flies. This workout tracker is a great way to keep tabs on how often you’ve worked out this month, it also is handy for counting the number of fitness center visits for health insurance incentives.
And while we are talking fitness…
Here are 5 healthy tips to try this month…
- Unpack the winter workout gear. It’s hard to be motivated to get outside if you don’t have the appropriate clothes.
- Do not open the Halloween candy until the 31st, too much temptation!
- And if you really can’t resist the candy, reward yourself with one (and only 1!) piece of Halloween candy for every day you made it to the gym.
- Set aside $1 for every day you make it to the gym, at the end of the month take the money and use it towards purchasing workout gear. Thirty dollars could get you a cute, new workout top!
- A lot of fitness centers put out new fall group fitness schedules this time of year…try a new class!